For most people there is a strong case for not treating warts or verrucae:
- Warts do not usually cause symptoms.
- Most warts resolve spontaneously within months or, at the most, within 2 years.
- Treatment may be prolonged and can have adverse effects.
Consider treatment only if:
- The wart is painful (for example on the soles of the feet or near the nails).
- The wart is cosmetically unsightly (for example on the hands or face).
- The person requests treatment and the wart is persisting
Consider recommending product purchased OTC
If issuing a prescription consider preparation(s) below